Monday 12 April 2010

Reclamation yards


Does anyone else love trawling round reclamation yards? So many ideas.. so little time.
I don't always find the bargains though and I lost some sleep recently over the table in the picture. I very nearly bought it but decided to sleep on it and realised in the cold light of day it was probably a bit big as a coffee table for our lounge plus it was quite a bit of money (understatement).
What I love about it is the legs are remaniscent of 1950s design but with the wood on the top it looks like old floorbards which gives it a georgian/victorian edge. Really clever and would have looked great in our Victorian house with a mixture of modern and old furniture.
I have been thinking that I can probably get someone to make some similar legs and a frame and I just need some extra wide floorboards - watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. That table is gorgeous, but I'm sure you could make one. Look forward to seeing how it turns out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see 'Cracking Antiques' on BBC2 last night? They made a dining table out of reclaimed timber - your table is much cooler! And the presenter rabbiting on about 'investment pieces' is very annoying...

    ReplyDelete