Sunday 11 April 2010

Our new fireplace...

As you may know, i'm a bit of an ebay queen.... which to be honest has probably saved my marriage! I'm constantly falling in love with things in shops and magazines then trying to recreate them for myself in a much more um thrifty fastion!
Recently, we had a quote for our difficult fireplace in the lounge (victorian replaced by 1930s). The quote was for nearly £1,000 for slate hearth, surround and fitting. I nearly died - literally! The fantastic fireplaces I had been looking at were around £1k but we didn't want to go that far as to be honest if we took off the mantle the likelihood of the plaster falling off the wall was quite high - don't you just love Victorian houses!!
Well I trawled ebay and found a hearth and surround that would work with some expert fixing and tweaking (OH!) We are thrilled with the result - it needs a bit of final tweaking but at the end of the day weve spent no more than £150 so we are quids in!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great.. from one eBay Queen to another ;)

    Suzie
    http://www.asktheebayqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks brilliant and even better when you've spent so little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your lovely comments! it was a bit stressful at the time!! eBay Queen I will be following you on twitter etc!

    ReplyDelete