Wednesday 14 April 2010

Freecycling family

My parents in law moved into our area a couple of weeks ago and I helped them out that day, doing quite a bit of cleaning, putting away etc. I noticed for the first time that they didn’t have a proper desk chair and as we mainly use our laptops on the dining room table I’ve been meaning to freecycle ours as its gathering dust in the spare room.

I offered it to them, but as they are downsizing my mother in law said that I would have to take one of their chairs home – they are operating a one in one out policy, which I empathise with! I’m trying to clear out clutter myself not collect it but I know my father in law was keen so I agreed.

Now, I am the lucky owner of an old Lloyd Loom chair that needs a bit of TLC and re-vamping. Who knows where it will end up in the house as we don’t have much spare room but… I’m sure I’ll find a use for it, it’s a lot prettier than the Ikea office chair!

ps in the picture is a nice sheepskin throw - that was mine and didnt come with the chair!

pps this is the last housey blog for a short while - i think ive been overdoing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment