Friday 19 February 2010

Garden thinking..

It's the time of year when I need to get my head into gear about the garden and allotment. It's my first proper spring for the allotment and the garden has been in need of an overhaul for a few years and I'm determined to start it this year!

I've been thinking about the design and scribbling away for a few months - on and off and now I think it's settled. The hardest part starts now as I'm planning to do a scale drawing and planting plan to ensure I don't keep randomly buying plants I like the look of or feel sorry for at nurserys and to keep a close eye on the cost.

The RHS magazine this month came with loads of great inspiration and I'm very jealous of the borders at Wisley. I'm currently thinking of going for a perennial border mixed with vegetables like peas and french beans, blackcurrants - a sort of informal potager. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment